Monday, 13 December 2010

Reverb10 - 12.12.10 - Body Integration

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

Like many overweight people, I have always felt like there was a thin person trapped inside of me fighting to get out. My image in the mirror never matched  the image in my head - how I looked was never the same as how I felt.

Right now, I am the fittest I have ever been, and the lightest I've been since my mid teens (from what I can remember - it might even be earlier than that.) As I inch nearer to the body I have always imagined myself to have, as opposed to the body I saw in the mirror, I feel more comfortable and easy in my own skin.

When I'm running up a hill or lifting a heavy weight, controlling my breathing, pushing through the throbbing in my muscles, I amazed at my body and its ability to do things I never would have imagined it could have. How much I have wasted its potential in the past. My body is an amazing tool and I feel more "complete" and at one with myself right now than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment