As you can see I'm just about keeping up with the Reverb10 posts. Whilst they are pretty much dominating my blog and consuming weight-loss related hyperspace, I don't really mind that much because I'm really enjoying the pressure of having to write about things outside of my comfort zone. I feel very self conscious when talking about my feelings and to be given a guiding platform to do so has been quite liberating!
Anyway, back to the situation at hand. I'm feeling really really great this week, I've had a couple of slip-ups (one of them completely unfair where I ate a bit of cake naively thinking it would only be about 150 calories, which I had to spare, only to find out it was actually 550 calories!! Taking me way over my allowance for the day) but on the whole, I'm managing surprisingly well to stick to my 1100 calories per day allowance. This is mainly because I'm exercising pretty much everyday which I'm loving and, in the past week alone, I have seriously noticed my fitness improve and my body tone up. On Sunday I achieved my personal best on my run around my village in 18 minutes, on Monday, I finished my hill interval training on the treadmill without stopping for the first time, and my recovery time was about 30 seconds! I am now doing three sets of 15 press-ups without my arms going into spasm! Etc etc.
All in all, I'm feeling fantastic and everything is going well. I have had a sneaky peak at the scales, and still no loss, but I'm not letting this get me down, there is no biological reason why I would be retaining fat, so I can only put it down to excess water retention from all the exercise and hope that it all evens out by the 24th December when I will do an official weigh-in.
I am very late in posting a picture of my November exercise timetable, as it has now been December for an entire week!
I honestly felt November to be a huge struggle in finding the motivation to exercise, and the fact that I can now look at this timetable with my stars and sad faces and feel such a sense of achievement that I soldiered through and forced myself to do it. The last few days were a little disappointing due to having no car to get myself to the gym, and this frustrates me, but I won't let it tarnish the whole month. I think this is something to be really proud of!
I don't exactly know why or how, but I am currently just not feeling the same sense of struggle that I did in November. I wrote a week ago "there's nothing like feeling like a failure to compel you to continue failing" but in the same breath, and that of which I am very much in the mindset now,
There's nothing like succeeding to encourage you to continue your success.

No comments:
Post a Comment