Ok, so I was over calories by 794 calories last week. Considering the troubles I've had in the past with sticking to a 1100 calorie allowance, I'm actually really pleased with this result. The good thing about being on 2lb loss, is that even if you are a few hundred calories over, you're still on track to lose a couple of pounds. In fact, I've done the maths and even if I ate 1,750 calories over my current allowance, I'd still be on track to lose 1.5lbs!
Another major achievement is that I'm totally controlling my calorie intake more at the weekends. I remember when I was lucky enough to scrape 1000 calories or so over in the two days, but last week I was under on Saturday and only over by 120 on Sunday!! (We'll glance past the complete fail on Friday with that stupid piece of devious cake right at the end of an on-track day!)
Also, this is a learning curve. I'm not here to be perfect 100% of the time - life just isn't like that - and in order to have a life, perfection is impossible. I will be happy if I can just improve a little each week. For instance - I was within my calories only two out the seven days last week (albeit one day I was over by 5.5cals - barely worth mentioning). This week I'd like to try and be within calories maybe three or four days out of seven, and since Friday I've only been over one day, so this goal is well within my grasp.
With a bit of analysis, it can be determined that the days I went over calories were the days I did less or no exercise. I'm comfortable with this - it's impossible to fit exercise in every single day of the week and I just have to learn to either be extra careful on these days, or save some calories up on the days I do exercise (although this will throw off my day-to-day calorie tracker.)
So my plans for this week are:
- Drink more water!
- Eat more fruit and veg (although I don't record the amounts in my spreadsheet, I know I'm slacking on this at the moment)
- Aim to stay within calories for at least three days this week
- Continue with exercising as much as possible (activity results are to follow)

No comments:
Post a Comment