Saturday
Pre-workout: Pint of water and a yoghurt
Exercise: 1.5 hours gym work out including 15 mins interval hill training on treadmill, 30 mins upper body weight training, 20 mins abdominal toning, 10 mins spinning, 5 mins stretching.
Post Workout: Slice of toast with a (very poorly) dry fried egg (I blame the pan!) and a cup of tea
Lunch: Deluxe Sushi Box (380cals) from Pret A Manger, a miso soup and a diet coke.
Afternoon snack: A piece of birthday cake and a cup of tea
It was so good, I had another slice (OOPS MOMENT)
Dinner was out at a restaurant which consisted of:
Goats cheese salad
Panfried seabass with mash, green beans and a tomato and caper sauce
Creme Brulee and a shortbread biscuit.
1 glass of wine and 1 vodka and tonic
The creme brulee was a mistake. I was already full and it wasn't even that nice and it just highlights my stupid attitude towards food. My boyfriend asked me why I had it if I was already full, and my answer was "because this will be my only chance to have it" which is a load of rubbish. I can have creme brulee whenever if I really want it. This is an unhealthy backlash to 'being on a diet.' I'm so good during the week, limiting treats to almost nothing, that when I do get a chance to eat something I really enjoy I react to in an unhealthy way thinking 'well this is my only chance to have it so I will, even though I don't really want it.' This is another regretful decision I made this weekend.
Sunday
Breakfast: Porridge with vanilla yoghurt and stewed apple with a tsp of sugar and cinnamon and a cup of tea
Exercise: 1.5hrs moderate walk
Lunch: Chicken and vegetable soup with a roll
Snack: Piece of birthday cake :) and a cup of tea
Dinner: Roast chicken with mash, broccoli and carrots with gravy. Eton mess for pudding (meringue nests, strawberries, low fat cream)
I finished the weekend at 412 cals over. This isn't great obviously, I'll have to earn these back over the course of the week and break even by weigh-day.
Celebrations really put calorie counting to the test and it's amazing how it can all add up. This week is going to be very difficult, even today I'm having to address two meals that are out of my control (lunch in a restaurant and dinner at my boyfriend's house.) I suppose it's situations like these that you must learn to deal with in order to be successful at losing (and then maintaining) your desirable weight. My biggest problem is my 'all or nothing' mentality;
The best thing I can do in the days ahead is to take each situation as it comes and try and make the best possible choices.I don't have to have pudding just because I'm in a restaurant and it's on offer. There will be other chances to have pudding!


No comments:
Post a Comment