Thursday, 25 November 2010

Next Week's Plans

As the mini-break will be commencing in a matter of hours, on which I'll probably mini-break the rules (hahahaha) when it comes to calorie counting, I thought it would be a good idea to make plans mainly relating to fitness and good health rather than trying to enforce eating plans that I'm blates not going to stick to. So for the coming week, things I will be concentrating on:
  1. Get some form of exercise in EVERYDAY THIS WEEK
  2. Concentrate on good posture and making sure I'm tensing my core when sitting down in the car, at my desk etc
  3. WATER!! (At least 2l per day)
  4. Make as many sensible choices as possible
For the past week I've felt a little bit out of control. In some ways it's been quite nice to not be so regimented, I've felt like I've had a treat and it's been enjoyable. It has also made me want to get back onto a regimented plan - and I have a plan!

This weekend will be indulgent, I know this, and I'm going to try my hardest to limit the damage by keeping active (long walks, possibly a run) and making sensible food choices. I will allow myself treats, but limit these to things I really want, rather than just having them for the sake of 'being naughty.' Then on Monday, the hard graft begins where I will lower my calorie intake to 1100 which is the lowest I'm allowed, designed to loose 2lbs per week. Normally I fail when my calorie allowance is this low, but my thinking this time is that I will only maintain this for the 3.5 weeks leading to Christmas - from Monday 29th November to Friday 24th December - I will then go onto maintenance calories over Christmas and then go back to my 1.5lb loss per week after Christmas. If I keep bearing in mind that it is only temporary, I will hopefully be able to stick to it.

I have various reasons for doing this:
  • Generally, I like to keep mixing things up, otherwise my brain and my tummy get bored
  • The harsh restriction after a week or so of a more relaxed approach, will hopefully get the weight shifting
  • I will be in a positive mindset after being a bit naughty over the weekend and will want to get back on track
  • I would love to lose a few pounds before Christmas so that I don't put more on from the point I am now
  • It is a mini-goal that will act as both a scale and non-scale victory if I succeed: Not only will it hopefully affect the scales, but the dedication and mental commitment should also be celebrated
  • It will be something to celebrate and feel proud of, and hopefully give me a good mental attitude over the Christmas period (I hopefully won't want to undo all my good work!)
  • The low calorie allowance will force me to exercise almost everyday in order to be able to EAT FOOD!
To help me stick to this regime and allow me to document it in a visual way (I am a visual type of person) I have created a geeky little spreadsheet (WITH formulae - yes I outdid myself!) - Please also note I have already planned my exercise for the next two weeks! - As I will be eating ALL my exercise calories (as is the healthiest thing to do) I will use my heart rate monitor to work out calories burned so that I am not eating more or less than I should be.


Something else to note is that I won't have a weigh-in this week as I will be away on Friday morning. I therefore will not be weighing until 4 days into my low calorie regime when I will expect my weight to be pretty much the same as it is now, considering I will probably put on a couple of pounds of water weight over the weekend and then lose them by next Friday with the low calorie allowance. I may not weigh myself subsequently to that weigh-in until Friday 24th December, but I will decide this nearer the time. Technically I could lose 7lbs before Christmas, although from my previous record I will be very surprised if I do, but it's definitely something to aim for at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment