Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Weigh-In

Tuesday is my official weighing day. I used to weigh-in on Fridays as that seemed logical and in-keeping with the end of the working week. However, I found that this caused me to be a little too indulgent over the weekend in the knowledge that I had a whole week to ‘earn back’ any overspent calories, it was subsequently followed by a miserable week feeling hungry all the time. So I changed to Tuesdays as a way of keeping myself in check over the weekend, knowing I only have one day to make back any extra calories I have eaten. I also feel much more in control having Tuesday to Friday to pre-plan and store up calories if I know a particularly indulgent weekend is coming up, as opposed to clawing back calories in a guilty state of hindsight. After this saintly statement, I should probably add, this pre-planning hardly ever happens as I’m a little piglet who likes to eat all her allocated calories each day. I normally just try and fit in some extra exercise over the weekend to give me some luxury leeway.

Today is a Tuesday and I am semi pleased to announce a 1lb loss since last week. I am only semi pleased about this as I had an unjust and evil gain of 5lbs last week for no apparent reason except maybe water retention, and this has yet to be shed. However, as they say; any loss is a good loss. It’s going in the right direction and that’s what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment