Thursday, 23 September 2010

Twenty Reasons

I thought a nice healthy and beneficial activity would be to list twenty reasons why I want to lose weight. I tried to keep at least the first five virtuously related to health and happiness, but let’s face the fact that the main reason why anyone wants to lose weight is pure unadulterated vanity, proved by the other 15 reasons I have unashamedly given. As you will see, I started running out of steam by 17 and was really scraping the barrel for the last two.

  1. First and foremost I want to feel happy and healthy in my own skin with no hang-ups or insecurities (this may well be the Holy Grail as I know slim girls who are still not happy with their bodies)
  2. To be unshakably in a healthy BMI zone. Not right at the top with the impending doom of slipping out of it again, but right in the middle, lower if possible
  3. Running faster and for longer, without wobbly bits slowing me down
  4. Reaching a healthy weight goal now, in my early twenties, to set a precedent for the rest of my life and still be slim and sexy in ten, twenty or thirty years time
  5. So I don’t have health repercussions as I get older
  6. Learning how to have a healthy relationship with food, not using it as comfort, support or rewards
  7. Looking at the scales and feeling happy with what I see!
  8. Being on top of my game weight-wise can only have positive effects on my career
  9. Owning, and fitting into, a size 10 pair of jeans
  10. To be able to sit down and not have a spare tyre, as my father affectionately calls it
  11. To stand with my feet together and without my thighs touching (although with some research, I think this largely depends on your body shape and some people never have the oh so desired ‘thigh gap’)
  12. To own a pair of very short shorts
  13. To look like this in said short shorts:
  14. Not having to worry about the merest hint of a double chin
  15. Not having to take into consideration calf space allowance when buying knee high boots
  16. For my boyfriend to be able to pick me up without giving himself a hernia (along the same lines as house-fires and firemen)
  17. To be able to see the results of my efforts at the gym in muscle definition that isn’t hidden beneath a layer of fat
  18. To be able to run down a beach in a bikini, (I can’t ever see this being something that I would need to do, but it would be nice to know I woule be happy to do it if the opportunity arose)
  19. I’d quite like to be one of those girls who wear a cropped top to the gym
  20. Back fat. ‘nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment