Monday, 20 September 2010

The First Confessional

So I suppose the best way to start a blog is from the beginning, with the basics. I am 22 years old, mooching about in the realms of ex-studentville. Luckily, I have a job; only a moderately exciting nine-to-five with a modest salary. Unluckily, I still live with my long-suffering parental unit. I am newly coupled after a long and far-stretching wasteland of singledom, and currently battling (successfully so far, I might add) the inevitable ‘new relationship weight gain’ that peeks its head around the corners of pick ‘n’ mix stands in cinemas and hides under the table at romantic restaurants.

There are many factors as to why I find it hard to lose weight. The main culprit is the fact that I love food. All food and any food; posh food, junk food, healthy food, not-so-healthy food. I also love baking, an exceedingly unfair hobby for someone who also loves exceedingly good cakes/all other baked-goods.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Since the beginning of this year, I have taken up the highly skilled art of RUNNING! Yes! Me! The girl who was always picked last in PE! The running malarkey admittedly began its life as unpromising huffing and puffing through five rounds of one minute intervals on a treadmill at the gym, but has proudly developed to forty minutes of graceful prancing through my local town. It has literally come along in leaps and bounds! Ok, yes, I still break a sweat (actually I turn into a dripping beetroot) but I’m doing it and I’m enjoying it, and it WILL MAKE ME THIN!!

So, what am I actually doing about losing weight? Ever since I can remember I’ve been aware of food and calories. Whether I actually did anything about it was another matter. I lost a vast amount of weight during puberty, but this I can only deem down to hormones as I can’t really remember any sort of conscious effort towards weight loss. I then lost two stone during my second year of university using Weight Watchers, which obviously worked for a time, but then complacency got the better of me.

Most recently I have been using a fantastic website called
www.weightlossresources.co.uk,
mainly based around calorie counting for the correct calorie intake for your height, weight and lifestyle. I have been using this since May, and admittedly do not yet have any substantial weight loss to show for it, through no fault but my own, of course. This is where The Cookie Confessions comes into it. In short, it will be a forum to write about eating rather than actually eating, but in the cold hard light of day, with weekly publicised weigh-ins, I can’t seriously be writing a weight-loss blog whilst putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment